With technology advancing at lightning speeds, we can all barely wait out a two year contract to get our hands on the latest and greatest that the mobile technology wizards of the smartphone industry are producing. A good excuse you can use for spending some money on the newest object of your desire could be to donate your old smartphone. This way you can justify your new purchase by having the feeling of doing something good with that just barely older technology.
It is highly recommended that before you go ahead and donate that old cell phone, you diligently do a complete cell phone data wipe first. The most thorough and drastic way to do this of course is to physically remove the memory card and SIM card from your old phone. Some easier ways of accomplishing this with just a few touches of the touchscreen follow:
iPhone Data Wipe Instructions:
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap “General.”
- Tap “Reset.”
- Tap “Erase all Content and Settings”
- Tap “Erase iPhone”
Most newer iPhones should wipe all data after just a couple of minutes. Some considerably older models (probably iPhone 3G or older) may take quite a bit longer.
Blackberry Data Wipe Instructions:
- Select “Options” from the home screen.
- Select “Security” or “Security Options” depending on the operating system version you are running.
- Select “Security Wipe” or “Wipe Handheld” again depending on your os.
- Enter “blackberry” as the password.
- Select “Wipe” or “Enter” to confirm.
Most Blackberry devices will take several minutes to wipe all data.
Windows Mobile Data Wipe Instructions:
- Click on the “Start” menu.
- Select “Settings.”
- Select “Clear Storage” or “Hard Reset.”
- Enter “1234” as the password.
- Select “Yes” to confirm.
General (Other) Devices Data Wipe Instructions:
- Locate the “Settings” menu.
- Locate an option called “Master Reset,” “Data Wipe,” “Memory,” or “Clear.”
- If a password is required, try “1234” or “0000.”
- If those passwords don’t work, contact the manufacturer of the cell phone for either the correct password or further instructions.
After you successfully wipe all of your old cell phone data, it is time to do a little good for yourself and the world around you by donating to the cause of your choice. At “Secondwave Recycling” there are several different options available for you to choose from for donation of your old cell phone. In fact, if you don’t feel confident in your ability to wipe out your own cell phone data, we’ll even do that for you as well. Please contact us for more information today!